On Monday, StarWars.com announced the cast for their upcoming High Republic-era series, The Acolyte, along with an official description of the show. It’s been known for a while that Amanda Sternberg will be portraying the lead role. Now we get to see who’ll be joining the award-winning actress in telling a story from a time in the Star Wars franchise that’s never been seen on screen.
- Lee Jung-jae (just won an Emmy for Squid Game)
- Manny Jacinto (Nine Perfect Strangers, Top Gun: Maverick)
- Dafne Keen (played Laura in Logan)
- Jodie Turner-Smith (Anne Boylen, Queen & Slim)
- Rebecca Henderson (Inventing Anna, Russian Doll)
- Charlie Barnett (Arrow, Russian Doll)
- Dean-Charles Chapman (1917, Into the Badlands)
- Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix)
As you can see, The Acolyte is stacked with award-winning (and genre friendly/familiar) talent.
Although no official release date has been set yet, production on the series has already begun. Read Disney’s official description of The Acolyte below:
The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.
The High Republic saw the Jedi Order at its prime, centuries prior to the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!