Marvel has signed a deal with Hulu to release four new animated series on the streaming platform, according to a Variety report. The four shows — Howard the Duck, MODOK, Hit-Monkey and Tigra & Dazzler — will culminate in a team-up special called The Offenders.
The name of the team-up special should lend a hint as to the tone of these series, if the inclusion of characters like Howard the Duck didn’t already. These series will be satirical and farcical in nature, down to parodying the Defenders team-up from Marvel’s Netflix side.
Writers and producers have been announced for the shows:
- Howard the Duck will be written by Kevin Smith and Dave Willis, who will both also executive product. Kevin Smith has written Marvel comics in the past, including Daredevil, and is of course also known for movies such as Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy. Willis is the creator of Adult Swim’s Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Squidbillies.
- MODOK will be written and produced by Patton Oswalt and Jordan Blum. Blum has previously written for Community and American Dad!.
- Hit-Monkey will be written and produced by Josh Gordon and Will Speck, who co-directed Blades of Glory.
- Tigra & Dazzler will be written and produced by Erica Rivinoja — who has written for shows such as South Park and The Last Man on Earth — and Chelsea Handler.
No official release date has been announced for any show as of yet.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!