If you were trying to buy Avengers: Endgame tickets today you probably could have already guessed it, but Fandango has officially revealed the film broke the first-day presales record in only 6 hours. The record was previously held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Fandango did not reveal exactly how many tickets were sold, but given their site as well as others completely failed throughout the morning and into the afternoon one can imagine there was a lot sold!
This is only the second Avengers movie on Fandango’s list of top selling presale flicks with three of the most recent Star Wars movies taking up the 2nd through 4th spots. Without a doubt Avengers: Endgame will break box office records when it’s released later this month on April 25, 2019.
- “Avengers: Endgame” (2019)
- “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” (2015)
- “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (2017)
- “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” (2016)
- “Avengers: Infinity War” (2018)
- 98% say the “Infinity War” cliffhanger is a main factor in their ticket purchase.
- 98% are fans of Marvel’s “shared universe” storytelling.
- 86% can’t wait to see how Captain Marvel factors into “Endgame.”
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!