Connect with us
Diamond to pay 25% owed to publishers, executives take 50% pay cut

Comic Books

Diamond to pay 25% owed to publishers, executives take 50% pay cut

Diamond founder Steve Geppi wrote a letter to publishers today outlining a new partial/deferred payment plan.

According to a report by Chris Arrant of Newsarama, Diamond Comic Distributors founder Steve Geppi wrote a letter to publishers today outlining a new partial/deferred payment plan.

After initially deciding to withhold payments completely, Diamond will now be paying publishers 25% of their weekly balance due for the next six weeks. The remaining 75% will be deferred until the end of the six week period, at which time it will begin being paid in equal installments over a 13-week period. Additionally, Geppi and other Diamond executives will be taking a 50% pay cut.

Listen to the latest episode of our weekly comics podcast!

Geppi’s entire letter (which was first posted on Newsarama) can be read below:

Dear Diamond Vendors,

COVID-19’s dramatic impact on businesses around the globe cannot be understated. My leadership team is working non-stop in concert with expert consultants and our publisher partners to safeguard the comic industry’s future. Thousands of retailers and publishers and hundreds of thousands of fans look forward to the products we distribute, and I take that responsibility very seriously.

Last week, we held vendor payments to allow for careful analysis of information from our industry, our business and the effects of COVID-19. We assured you that we would communicate our revised payment schedule when we were able, and I appreciate your patience and the many supportive messages I’ve received this week.

Working with what we know today, below is the outline of vendor payments from Diamond Comic Distributors and Diamond Book Distributors:

    – Beginning this week, the week of April 6th, you will receive 25% of the weekly amount due under your contract terms
    – Each subsequent week, you will receive a 25% payment of that week’s balance due
    – This reduced payment schedule will continue for 6 weeks, with the remaining 75% due in each of those weeks being deferred
    – Following that 6-week period, we will begin payment of the deferred balance in equal payments over a 13-week period

While we understand that this will have significant impact on everyone, and the situation could change, we also recognize that our world is in the midst of an unprecedented crisis and aggressive action is necessary. In addition to the steps outlined above, our leadership team is accepting a 50% salary cut, landlords have agreed to rent deferrals, and various other providers of professional services have agreed to defer their payments. Never before have we experienced such a test of our resolve and a demonstration of our commitment to each other.

Now more than ever we need to come together in support of one another, knowing that these difficult decisions will allow us to emerge from this trying time and thrive once again.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Steve Geppi
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Geppi Family Enterprises

Join the AIPT Patreon

Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:

  • ❌ Remove all ads on the website
  • 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
  • 📗 Access to our monthly book club
  • 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
  • 💥 And more!
Sign up today
Comments

In Case You Missed It

Geoffrey D. Wessel and Dan Cornwell talk action and politics in new 'Rogue Trooper' story Geoffrey D. Wessel and Dan Cornwell talk action and politics in new 'Rogue Trooper' story

Geoffrey D. Wessel and Dan Cornwell talk action and politics in new ‘Rogue Trooper’ story

Comic Books

Spider-Man has new romantic options with...The Spectacular Spider-Lass? Spider-Man has new romantic options with...The Spectacular Spider-Lass?

Spider-Man has new romantic options with…The Spectacular Spider-Lass?

Comic Books

X-Men Monday #255 - The Jordan D. White X-It Interview X-Men Monday #255 - The Jordan D. White X-It Interview

X-Men Monday #255 – The Jordan D. White X-It Interview

Comic Books

Gotham by Gaslight: The Kryptonian Age #1's cover Gotham by Gaslight: The Kryptonian Age #1's cover

‘Gotham by Gaslight: The Kryptonian Age’ #1 veers away from Gotham

Comic Books

Connect
Newsletter Signup