Even if you don’t know who she is, there’s still a good chance you’re a big fan of Zoë Bell. She’s well known in Hollywood for her award winning stuntwork and fight choreography. Her resume, which is both extensive and impressive, includes working as a stunt double for Cate Blanchett in Thor: Ragnarok and Uma Thurman in Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2.
Unfortunately for stunt workers like Bell, the film industry has been forced to stop all shooting thanks to the COVID-19 shutdown…but that wasn’t going to stop her from blowing off a little steam. Today, Bell released a video entitled Boss Bitch Fight Challenge on her YouTube channel. The film consists of short clips from Hollywood’s most famous badass actresses and stunt workers as they react to camera POV attacks before furiously returning them.
A few of my personal favorite moments:
- Lucy Lawless attacking with a chakram (ala Xena: Warrior Princess).
- The look on Drew Barrymore’s face after getting socked by Tara Macken.
- Cameron Diaz utilizing a bag of groceries as a projectile.
- Lauren Mary Kim (fresh off her incredible mo cap work as Ahsoka Tano) getting all types of pissed at Kaitlin Olson for spitting on her homemade PPE.
- Florence Pugh about to use her wine bottle as a club and thinking better of it.
- Daryl Hannah reprising her role as Elle Driver from Kill Bill.
- Tracie Thoms taking a moment to finish her drink before kicking ass in her pajama onesie.
- Renée Goldsberry’s daughter cheering her on as she prepares to kick Rosie Perez’s ass.
- The look on Margot Robbie’s face after picking up the bat she wielded as Harley Quinn
…and that’s just from a couple of viewings.
While it might be disappointing that so many films we were looking forward to have been delayed, it’s good to see so many of our favorite women in Hollywood still kicking ass.
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!