World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, the eighth expansion to Blizzard’s smash-hit 2004 MMORPG, has a new release date: November 23.
— World of Warcraft (@Warcraft) October 29, 2020
Shadowlands was originally set to release this week, on October 27, but Blizzard announced on October 1 that they wouldn’t be making that deadline, saying they needed “this extra time to ensure that Shadowlands lives up to its full potential.” Now, players can earmark November 23 as the day they will be able to enter the Shadowlands, level their characters to 60 (again) and explore all this new realm of the dead has to offer.
The 9.0 “pre-patch” was released earlier this month, setting the stage for Shadowlands by squishing player levels, stats and powers and introducing an all-new leveling experience.
In addition to the expansion’s full release, Blizzard has announced other important dates for in-game events:
- The Scourge Invade Azeroth: November 10 – With the Helm of Domination torn apart and the sky over Icecrown shattered, the undead Scourge make a resurgence—and Azeroth’s heroes must confront this Death-born threat before it consumes the mortal world of Azeroth. This Shadowlands pre-expansion event goes live starting November 10.
- The Gates of Castle Nathria Open: December 8 – Castle Nathria, the first epic 10-boss raid of Shadowlands, will be available starting December 8. The opening of the raid also signals the start of Shadowlands Raid, Mythic Dungeon, and PvP Season 1.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!