Join the AIPT Comics podcast this week for an extensive interview with Scott Snyder. We discuss his thoughts on Dark Nights: Death Metal, how it ties into Future State, and dig into his numerous indie projects out in 2021.
Before the interview, Nathan Simmons and Dave Brooke break down the biggest news of the week. First up, Jeff Lemire updated us on upcoming projects and adds new ones, BOOM! Studios is kickstarting again, Marvel’s Star Wars: The High Republic #1 Has 200K Orders, and they also confirm Louise and Walter Simonson will continue their X-Factor run. Marvel also revealed they are releasing The Marvels in April, almost a year late!
Also in the news, Scott Snyder confirms DC Future State will continue in more ways than one, and his counterpart on the finale of Death Metal, Yanick Paquette, revealed he’s leaving DC Comics.
In a Friday surprise, Marvel announced Si Spurrier and Bob Quinn are releasing a new X-Men series called Way of X. To wrap up the news, we recap the biggest bits of news from X-Men Monday with lots of tidbits on future storylines.
AIPT Comics Podcast Picks of the Week
- The Dreaming: Waking Hours #6 (W: G. Willow Wilson, A: Javier Rodriguez)
- Dark Nights: Death Metal #7 (W: Scott Snyder, A: Greg Capullo)
- Future State: Swamp Thing #1 (W: Ram V, A: Mike Perkins)
- Future State: Wonder Woman #1 (W/A: Joelle Jones)
For our Judging by the Cover segment, Dave picked Future State Dark Detective #1 by John Paul Leon, and Nathan picked Blade Runner 2029 #2 by Peach Momoko.
You can find AIPT Comics on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. As always, if you enjoy the podcast, be sure to leave us a positive rating, subscribe to the show and tell your friends.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.