World of Warcraft: Shadowlands‘ first content patch, titled “Chains of Domination”, will go live on June 29, Blizzard announced today. In addition to loads of balancing changes and new legendary memories, Chains of Domination includes the following:
- New Zone: Korthia – Discover the new quests and secrets waiting in this mysterious new zone that the Jailer has pulled into the Maw.
- New Raid: Sanctum of Domination – Climb the far reaches of Torghast in this 10-boss raid leading into an epic showdown with the Dark Lady herself, Sylvanas Windrunner.
- New Mega-Dungeon: Tazavesh, The Veiled Market – Explore the exotic wares, merchants, and creatures of this Broker bazaar, which culminates in a high-stakes heist involving powerful artifacts from Azeroth.
- Shadowlands Flying – Take flight in the four covenants’ zones of Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, and Revendreth.
- And More – Players can look forward to Shadowlands Season 2 for Mythic+ (with a new keystone affix, Tormented) and PvP; updates to Torghast, Tower of the Damned; as well as new cosmetic armor, pets, mounts, and achievements.
This patch is a long time coming, after over 250 days since the launch of Shadowlands back on November 23. This is the longest content drought between a .0 patch and a .1 update in the history of World of Warcraft, surpassing even vanilla’s 208 day stretch between the beta release of the 1.0 patch, and the 1.1 patch that the game actually launched with. Chains of Domination was announced back in February.
This also means that you only have 12 days instead of the customary 14 to wrap up your quest to obtain Keystone Master, Gladiator, or any other seasonal activities. Happy hunting!
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!