Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons players already tired of seeing Galakrond Shaman looming over the Ranked Ladder meta can breathe a small sigh of relief after the latest round of changes being implemented in today’s 16.0.5 balance patch. Although some integral cards such as Invocation of Frost and Dragon’s Pack remain untouched, the update looks to slow down Galakrond Shaman enough to make other decks able to counter it — which is a start. Here’s the full list of changes via the official US Blizzard forums:
The 16.0.5 balance update for Hearthstone will be going live tomorrow. Below are the included changes, and as always, we’ll be evaluating the results of these changes over the coming weeks and look forward to your feedback!
- Now costs 6 Mana (up from 5).
- Now has 1 Attack (down from 2).
- Now has 4 Attack (down from 5).
- Now costs 9 Mana (up from 7).
*Once these changes are live, players will be able to disenchant the adjusted cards for their full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
- The Boogeymonster
- Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4 .
- Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4.
- The Beast
- Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 3 .
- Coldlight Seer
- Moved from Tavern Tier 2 to Tavern Tier 3 .
- Primalfin Lookout (changed last week)
- Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 5 .
- Nightmare Amalgam
- Has been removed from the pool of available minions.
- Brann Bronzebeard
- Has been removed from the pool of available heroes.
- Has been added to the pool of available heroes.
Another big change regarding Battlegrounds is the removal of Nightmare Amalgam, currently one of the Battlegrounds format’s most crucial and pervasive cards. Although the removal of Nightmare Amalgam will most definitely mix up the meta, it remains to be seen if the removal will truly diversify what follows as much as some players think; for instance, will players have to stick to one tribe now no matter what through a match’s entirety without any plan of alteration?
Coming back to the ranked ladder meta — will the change to Faceless Corruptor diminish from the card’s status as an auto-include in every aggressive deck?
Will these changes shake up the ranked and Battlegrounds metas in a conducive way? Sound off in the comments.