Developer Respawn Entertainment is celebrating Star Wars Day by dropping a free update for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order that adds exciting new content for players to experience with Jedi Cal Kestis and his loveable little droid companion, BD-1.
There’s a lot of free stuff to enjoy in this update, including unique combat challenges, a new way to play through the story, new cosmetics, accessibility improvements, and bug fixes.
Meditation Training is easily the most significant change players will notice. This new game mode hub offers two new modes for players to test their combat prowess in: Combat Challenges and the Battle Grid.
Combat Challenges pit Cal against waves of enemies across a number of different maps from around the galaxy, including the Imperial stronghold, Fortress Inquisitorious. Each unique location has its own unique challenges in which players can fight to earn a three star completion rating. Be warned, these challenges are designed for veteran players. Newbies, proceed at your own risk.
Battle Grid is a sandbox tool that encourages players to create their own encounters. Pick the location, enemies, and difficulty modifiers to craft the Jedi: Fallen Order battle scenario you’ve always dreamed of. If you think up a truly grid creation that you’d like to replay later, you can easily do so by saving it. There’s also unique enemies to face that Cal has never encountered before, including his late Master, Jaro Tapal, and the dark side version of himself, Inquisitor Cal Kestis.
You can now replay the game’s story with New Journey + mode. This feature provides those who have beaten the game with the option to restart from the beginning with all the collectibles you found from you previous playthrough, as well as access Meditation Training game modes. Also included with this game mode are two special lightsaber cosmetics from Galaxy’s Edge theme park: Protection and Defense I & II.
The new free update for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is available to download now.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order free update patch notes
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback
Like what we do here at AIPT? Consider supporting us and independent comics journalism by becoming a patron today! In addition to our sincere thanks, you can browse AIPT ad-free, gain access to our vibrant Discord community of patrons and staff members, get trade paperbacks sent to your house every month, and a lot more. Click the button below to get started!