On Sunday, Amazon Prime Video released a video with Karl Urban announcing a new animated series tied to one of their most popular streaming series. The Boys: Diabolical will consist of eight “twisted” episodes set in the world of The Boys. It will also premiere in early 2022 ahead of The Boys third season.
We don’t get much preview footage aside from an extended shot of Butcher’s dog Terror licking his balls. If you know how subversive The Boys series is, however, then it’s perfectly on brand.
We also get a title card featuring the impressive writing talent behind the series, which includes:
- Garth Ennis
- Eliot Glazer and Ilana Glazer
- Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen
- Simon Racioppa
- Justin Roiland and Ben Bayouth
- Andy Samberg
- Aisha Tyler.
The Boys has always done a great job with special effects, but it’ll be a lot of fun to see what The Boys: Diabolical can cut loose with in an animated format. Also, the new series will offer a chance for a ton of new actors to do some voice work with the franchise.
No firm release date has been revealed yet, but with 2022 less than a month away, we should know soon when to expect The Boys: Diabolical to hit our Amazon Prime accounts.
Join the AIPT Patreon
Want to take our relationship to the next level? Become a patron today to gain access to exclusive perks, such as:
- ❌ Remove all ads on the website
- 💬 Join our Discord community, where we chat about the latest news and releases from everything we cover on AIPT
- 📗 Access to our monthly book club
- 📦 Get a physical trade paperback shipped to you every month
- 💥 And more!